News from Room 13
Highlights of next week:
- Reading Buddies with 2nd Grade
- Chapter 8 Math Test-simplifying fractions and changing fractions to decimals-Monday
- AR Goal Reward-Tuesday
- Food Corp visit-Wednesday
- Wednesday is Wear Stripes in Honor of the Cat in the Hat Day!!!
- March is Reading Month Celebration—if our school goal is met.
- Remember Spring Break Begins on Friday! No school that day! See you again Tuesday, April 8.
How can I help my 5th Grader?
I am often asked, “What can I do to help my 5th grader?” One of the most important things you can do is to encourage reading. Your 5th grader should be reading 20 minutes daily. Let them see you reading too. Ask them questions about what they are reading. Have them summarize a section or list details.
For math keep encouraging them to practice their basic facts. I have many on-line games listed on the resources page. You can also play Multiplication War with a deck of cards or dice.
Classroom Wish List
If you wish to donate items to our classroom, the items on the list below would be appreciated.